Okay – I began reading this book “One Thousand Gifts”, by Ann Voskamp. It has taken me several weeks to get to Chapter 3 and taking flight as Ann talks about.
So this morning catching the bus to work at 4:53 am. Yes I catch the bus at 4:53 am. It is early but it was a great time to be up. The weather was a bit chilly but the sleet and snow that would hit this area had not started yet. So I wrote my first of a list of Gifts.
1) early morning right before I catch the bus, having time to spend with God
2) listening to the chatter of men on the bus
3) being able to walk around and spend time with the Navy and Air Force History all around me in the Pentagon
4) Celebration of Birthdays with people at work
5) 11, 950 steps so far today, more then most days
God gives us gifts each and everyday. We just have to look for them.